Walk the District Schedule for May 24th-26th
Walk the District
May 24, 25, 26, 2018
U.S. Congressional Candidate Stephen Perenich (District 12-FL) and a team (The Team) of supporters have committed to walk over 47 miles with Perenich across District 12 to disseminate his ideas and hear public feedback from May 24th through May 26th. Joining him (during varying segments) will be: his 2 oldest sons, Michael and Sam (in college); his brother Gregory and son; supporters; issue advisers; friends; and guest constituents from the areas visited (the public is welcomed and encouraged to join). High School Student Volunteers/Advocates from the recent March for our Lives event, which Perenich recently supported, are also scheduled to appear for a Town Hall event. It is Perenich’s goal to meet a diverse set of LOCAL businesses, charities and their patrons, and to hear and engage with the community for the evaluation of the needs of the District on the street level. The Team will carry signs representing issues important to District 12 residents, as well as Stephen’s campaign. Each day, three local businesses will become Meet and Greet locations for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A Town Hall meeting will be organized at/for each dinner gathering, where relevant issues, including public feedback and interaction, will be discussed and explored. Perenich will then spend each night in a local motel or bed and breakfast. The final day will include a celebration at the Perenich Caulfield Avril and Noyes Law firm. Yard signs will be placed down the walk path as permitted.
Thursday, 5.24.18 (Segment 1): Walk from Hudson to Port Richey – traversing US Hwy 19N. Kick off with press conference. Walk 14.8 miles.
- Breakfast Meet and Greet – Maple Tree Deli – 10712 County Line Rd; Hudson, FL 34667
- Lunch Meet and Greet – Circle S BBQ – 14630 US Hwy 19N; Hudson, FL 34667
- Dinner – Gil Dawgs – 5419 Treadway Dr #2; Port Richey, FL 34668
- Town Hall with coffee and dessert – Niko’s Place Restaurant – 6818 US 19N; New Port Richey, FL 34652 TOPIC: 21st Century Jobs
- Other Local businesses and charities highlighted along the way: Schmitt Inc. in Hudson; Pasco Aluminum; Custom Printed Tee Shirts; Riverside Inn in Port Richey (overnight stay)
Friday, 5.25.18 (Segment 2): Walk from Port Richey to New Port Richey, Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor and Dunedin – via US Hwy 19N and Alt 19. Walk 19.8 miles.
- Breakfast Meet and Greet – Christina’s – 5821 Main St; New Port Richey, FL 34652
- Lunch Meet and Greet – Rusty Bellies – 937 Dodecanese Blvd; Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
- Dinner with Town Hall – Fireside Pizza Cafe – 1104 Nebraska Ave; Palm Harbor, FL 34683 TOPIC: Gun Safety (Joined by Student Activists from March for Our Lives initiative)
- Other local businesses, parks and charities highlighted along the way: Simms Park in NPR; People Places in New Port Richey; Metropolitan Ministries in Holiday; Theophilopoulis Law “The Firm” in Tarpon Springs; Tarpon Springs Shepherd Center; DeBine Brewing in Palm Harbor; Strachan in Palm Harbor; and Blue Moon Inn in Dunedin (overnight stay)
Saturday, 5.26.18 (Segment 3): Walk from Dunedin to Clearwater – accessing Alt 19, US Hwy 19N, Hwy 580, Landmark Dr and Enterprise Dr. 13 miles.
- Breakfast – Cafe Alfresco – 344 Main St; Dunedin, FL 34698
- Luncheon – Louis Pappas Market Cafe – 2560 McMullen Booth Rd; Clearwater, FL 33761
- Dinner with Town Hall – Queen’s Pizza – 1834 N Belcher Rd; Clearwater, FL 33765 TOPIC: Real Healthcare
- “Wind up the Walk Party” – Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes – 1875 N Belcher Rd # 201; Clearwater, FL 33765 (Stephen Perenich’s Brother’s firm)
- Other local businesses highlighted along the way: Perenich Law Firm, Clearwater; Energy Conservatory Bike Shop, Dunedin
Follow along with Stephen’s walk using the map below! His most recent location is marked in green.
For more information about this event (or to join the Walk):
Call (727) 888.4149
“Volunteers and Supporters Are What Make America Thrive”